Where You Work Matters! Why the Best Business Locations Help Firms ThriveOctober 31st, 2018
These days, when you look at how startups and small-to-medium businesses set up their offices, you'll see an interesting trend in play in terms of office workspaces – there's less attention to the physical locations of these office spaces as companies try to serve a community audience.
Now in many ways, remote work has become abundantly possible through the age of the Internet – but that doesn't mean it's just as good as being co-located with your target audience or planning to be in a central space. It just means that remote is an option.
Office Workspaces: Knowing the Lay of the Land Businesses of all types understand that their workers are better positioned to deal with customers when they know what the customer’s community looks like. From giving directions to talking about the local landscape, this kind of in-touch vantage point has value – which is one reason to put your business near where your customers are, or where your business is operational. By being “right in the middle of the action,” employees get valuable business intelligence.
Inspiration and Motivation There's also a kind of soft value of having your business located in some of the best locations in a particular city or metro area. It all comes down to impressions – the impressions that your customers have – and the impressions that your employees get as they are commuting to work or coming in from field locations. Simply put, the impression of being centrally located helps employees feel inspired and confident about their business. It's a little harder to serve Manhattan when you're working out of an office in Astoria – on the other hand, being located right in some of the best Manhattan neighborhoods gives a business a big leg up over the competition.
The Best Resources Businesses also thrive due to where they are located because of local resources. You might consider the quality of restaurants, coffee shops, etc. in the area (which can help with recruiting talent) or in terms of networking (where similar kinds of impressive businesses open doors to partnership opportunities.) It’s all part of building the best business model, to compete in tight markets. Not all small businesses succeed – but yours can! At Helix, we offer temporary and virtual workspaces with all of the perks – including location. Check out what's available at our Fifth Avenue location and Grand Central Station building – get a modern-looking and well-supported office space at 535 Fifth Avenue to promote confidence and collaboration for your business. Our offices come equipped with meeting spaces, reception areas, state-of-the-art presentation equipment and more. Have a look on the site, and imagine what you can do with one of these home base operations for your company.
Why Helix Makes Sense for Small BusinessesFebruary 12th, 2016
There is nothing more exciting than the prospect of a small business growing into a competitive and sprawling corporation, especially for the small business owner. But as a small business owner, it doesn’t take long for this dream of corporate expansion to begin taking its toll. Growing a business into a larger corporate enterprise takes a lot of logistics, planning, and financial commitment. Your office space is a big deal for your business. It is where all of the major decisions regarding your company will take place, from investments to scheduling, from new products to new partnerships. To make your office place a true home away from home is the goal for every growing company, but that takes a lot of time, dedication and financial investment. When looking for an office space in New York, you need to make sure you are looking for the right benefits. These include:
- Enough workspace for your entire staff to work comfortably
- Meeting and conference rooms that can accommodate small or large groups
- A convenient and practical address, but ideally one that also shows the correct level of professionality and security
- They need an established office space quickly
- They need to grow their office
- They are ready to expand business to new cities or even internationally, but aren’t ready for full time staffing
The 4 Key Steps every Global Business Took Early OnDecember 6th, 2015
Growing into a global business is a scary prospect, especially for the young entrepreneur or new business owner. However, from another point of view, missing out on your opportunity to grow into a global business is even more frightening. The business world is a competitive one, and opportunities don’t often knock more than a couple of times. You have to know what steps are right for your business and ultimately what path you want to follow if you are going to make it to your end-goal. Here are four steps that every successful company takes to ensure their place in the global market:
- Know your company and know your goals. If your product doesn’t translate to the global market, then that is something you want to know before you put effort into exports. Research your competitors and make sure you know your market inside and out. This includes having a firm company mission and a SMART goal for your five, ten, and 20 year plan.
- Identify target markets. Before making any business venture into a new area, you need to make sure you are targeting your audience correctly. Make sure that you are bringing your company into an area that has high potential for sales and growth, and that you are adjusting marketing practices to keep up with your changing location.
- Develop the right team. There is no successful company without the right employees. The right employees for your company depend on a lot of different factors, including your company mission, product, and overall business practices. If you are attempting to grow, you need to make sure you have the team in place that can support you in this practice. Too many companies have fallen apart just as they had the opportunity to flourish because the right people weren’t in place.
- Grow your office space at the right pace. Finding the right office space for your company is a complex equation. There is a big difference between working for free out of a garage space and suddenly having a corner office with oversized windows. You need to make sure your NYC office space has the appearance of professionalism without breaking the bank too early on, especially as you move into new markets. Virtual office space in NYC is highly recommended for this step as it creates an opportunity for you to have space to work out of and to use as a base for clients, but without the upfront cost of securing private commercial space.
Grow your Office Space with Helix WorkspaceOctober 23rd, 2015
Is the world ever truly your oyster? For a business owner, this is the ultimate goal. The dream is to live in a world where you have access to every door you want to walk through. Wherever your clients are, there you are as well. The problem is that for most business owners, this isn’t an affordable option. Availability is a privilege and the ability to be where your customers need you often feels more serendipitous than it does feel dependent on skill and aptitude in the world of business know-how.
For the aspiring business owner, the start-up entrepreneur and even the large scale corporate executive, the answer to running a successful business on any scale is to know when and where to grow. In our ever advancing technological world, this often means growing your presence online. In fact, the best brick and mortar office won’t do anything for you if you don’t have an online presence, as well.
Building your own office requires an extensive time commitment, not to mention a great deal of financial necessity. For a business looking to expand with limited resources, a brick and mortar office establishment isn’t always the best place to invest funds. This is where the Helix Workspace comes in. Helix offers virtual and flexible workspace solutions for businesses who are looking to expand fast. This gives the business owner the opportunity to focus on more pressing issues, like how to run the business, knowing that critical equipment and accommodations are provided for.
Helix Workspaces are available in the US and internationally, including in New York City where you can find yourself conducting business in a premium on-demand furnished office space that is complete with desk space and meeting rooms for you to focus on corporate needs.
This creates a space where you can go to focus on your business, wherever that need may take you. Helix functions behind the scenes, giving the impression that the office space is permanently yours. And while you are using the workspace, it is! Helix works transparently with a quick and easy rental process that is sure to impress clientele while accommodating all of your business needs.
When you need to grow, you need to grow fast. Helix Workspaces are there to help you make this happen. Take control of your corporate needs by giving yourself a home base to work from, wherever your business adventures take you.